The Mantra has long defined the all mountain freeskiing category, excelling in any snow conditions – from powder to ice. Introducing an even wider range of performance, thanks to early taper in the tip, a new 100mm waist width, and Full Rocker. Soft snow performance is improved, with more overall foregiveness, and the edge grip you know and love. The best Mantra EVER.
- ABILITY: Advanced, expert
- CONDITIONS: 40% Groomed – 60% Powder
- MULTI LAYER WOOD CORE: Völkl freeskiing models feature a multi-layer wood core that features two different densities of wood. In the binding attachment area, a dense, ash core is used, while in the rest of the ski, the core is poplar. The more dense wood creates more secure screw retention, preventing binding pull-out, and the soft, supple poplar section allows for resilience and snap. The flex pattern is tailored to each ski model, depending on the desired performance. This popular wood core is featured in more models for 14/15.
- TOUGH BOX CONSTRUCTION: consists of the use of a Multi-Layer wood core (see below) and a composite/fiberglass sheath to create the ultimate resilience and snap for our freeskiing models. The sheath is wrapped around the wood core in the mid-body of the ski, increasing strength and screw retention. Many Vˆlkl freeskiing models also feature a carbon layer in the bottom of the ski that provides additional stability and durability.
- POWERED BY TITANIUM: Titanal, an alloy of titanium and aluminum, is an integral part of Völkl ski design. Its strength, light weight, and resiliency make it ideal for use in ski construction. Our engineers found that titanal absorbs harmful vibration frequencies, while allowing “good” vibrations through. Pioneered by Völkl, titanal provides superior damping, stability, edge grip, and smoothness in select high performance models throughout the 2014/2015 collection.
- FULL ROCKER: A smooth, gradual bend from tip to tail, with matching sidecut and flex.